Monday, February 9, 2009

Pretend Vacay.... anyone... anyone?






Doesn't anyone else out there, plan pretend vacations?
I'm on the phone with a friend today......

.... hearing.... what seems to be "charlie browns teacher" on the other end, because I'm not paying attention at all!

My responses, Uh huh, yeah, mmmm, oh sure..... because I'm intently staring at my computer screen, not paying one word attention to who is on the other line! (thank goodness i have understanding friends)!

I'm meandering through pictures, countries, tours, "hot spots" if you will.... of what is going to be my "Pretend Vacation" ... do i go in the summer, so i get a chance to wear great little sundresses and Italian leather sandals.... or winter so i can wear my warm cute woollies, and Burberry fur scarf (which i still haven't had the chance to wear yet, now going on 3 years)
*Side Note* I normally would refrain from buying
furry anything, was a gift, that just sits in my closet,
that's sad actually isn't it.....

As "my friend" is saying to me, "what are you doing over there?"

I respond with, "I'm planning my pretend vacation online," don't you ever do that?

I get a one word..... "NO!"..... oh, um..... errr.....

I go on to one of the many websites, where you can get the full package!
Hotel, rental car, airfare....

I think of a dream place i want to go........ as you can see from the pictures above, today i am going to plan a trip to Italy!

I plan what days, how long, where am i going to stay, what will i do there.....

Check out pricing, wow.... "surprisingly that's not as much as i thought"......

(now the trip i checked out to Bora Bora.....
well that would have left
me broke-a broke-a, almost $10000 wow!)

I think i do this, because i so am craving a chance to get out of my day to day!
Do something new, see new things.... meet new people!

Is that crazy? I don't think so......
.... others might think so....... Sure!
But, yes i am that kind of girl, that people are normally throwing a coin up to see if I'm crazy or not.... Never know if it will land on heads or tails that day!
You just never know!!!!
So, as i finished my journey to Italy.....
....i add another resolution to the list of things to do in life.....
and therefor am planning for the future trip to Italy...... future far off future...

I did only plan for 1 ticket...
hey, I'm not taking the kids to Italy!
I need a day off too, or a week in this matter,
so once Tag & Jack are old
enough...
"I'm leaving, on a jet plane...... "


Someday!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

...lets just try and get to new york first...then paris...then italy...

The Towes said...

New York is one of the funnest places ive been.......dreaming is fun........Paris would be a blast...althought if im getting my passport we will be going straight to Ireland!! The greenery in that place is just breath taking!!!! oh im dreaming now

Blogger said...

With RentalCars you can find the cheapest car hire at over 49,000 international locations.