Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Around the Hizzel....

A few blogs back, i had shown a picture of the beginning of my little project...
This is the Finish...
I picked the number 3 well, for obvious reasons...
There are 3 of us... Me, Jack and Tag...


Was just an old picture frame, with some burlap I attached behind it...
ALSO....
A few months ago, i think it was March... i had found this darling Secretary Hutch at a garage sale $60...
It had been sitting in my garage since the purchase and thought to myself... um "why did i buy this again if it is sitting in the garage?"
I had been changing the colors of my bedroom to greens/blues...
Perfect!
I brought it in last night, and filled it with a few things i had around the house....
I'm on a mission now with my "bargain shopping" to find unique finds to put on the little shelves.


The cage/candle holder i found a while back at TJ Maxx for $12
And
The little tin bucket also a TJ Maxx find was $4


It seems i get inspired when i read blogs where ladies are redoing rooms, bargain shopping, anything that has to do with the home...
I immediately get inspired to "fix up" change about my home!
There are just so many creative ladies out there....
I cant wait to see what else i find!

2 comments:

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

love your project. it is gorgeous.

and I love his secretary so much ... I am a little bit jealous :)
well ... ok ...; I am VERY jealous. and $60 ?? !!

thnaks for sharing ... I love sharing inspiration too :) And I LOVE your blog :)

Rebecca said...

it all looks so perfect....i love it...will you make your sis something numbered for her birthday?