I went to church today....
I had not been in so many years....
It was strange, yet nothing had changed.
..
Moms still walking in to sit in the back with their small {noisy} children..
Dad's wearing suits, and setting out chairs in the overflow...
The same songs being sung, I remembered all the words...
...
This time around, I'm not a young girl... wearing my saggy panty hose, giggling with my friends..
Asking my mom, if she had anything in her purse to eat..
Asking for a pen, so I can write a note to my sister....
Having no cares in the world..
...
This time...
I'm the mom, bringing bags of snacks and toys in my purse to keep the little ones quite.
I'm the one, shushing the children, trying to get them to listen!
I'm the one needing to set the positive example for my kids...
...
I understand that they cant sit quite the entire time..
honestly, I was having a hard time sitting there that long...
it was a bit boring I admit, at the beginning...
...
Jack looked at me with a silly look every time I told him to bow his head for the prayer...
then.. looked.. and said... "again" ... ?
...
When we separated for other classes...
The children went to their primary classes and we went to grown up classes!
That is when I enjoyed the church experience....being with the other ladies...
They were all so nice.
My neighbor who asked if I wanted to come with them today...
was so nice, my bodyguard, as she said...
introduced me to all the nice people...
and kept me clear from the ones who would ask for my life story and want to hear it in 7 seconds!
Thank you for that Laura!
...
It was a positive experience for myself and my kids..
They had friends in each class, and came out with smiles on their faces at the end.
...
I'm not sure if this will be a weekly routine for us..
not sure yet,
but
it is something we will think and talk about...
1 comment:
that's awesome girl!! sacrament meeting is definitely a fight between the mom and kids but you came prepared! i'm so happy you loved your 'grown up' classes. i've made so many 'friends for life' in the last 2 wards i've been in since i've been a mother and wife.
Post a Comment