Monday.... was no ordinary Monday for us....
Decided it was time to venture out of the house..
We went out to Tempe... home of ASU...
I love Tempe, and seeing all the kids walking around.
going to class..
seeing the dorms...
Especially on a lovely day like today... 90 degrees.. just perfect!
...
We went to Chompies for lunch... they are famous for their
sandwiches...{which after I saw.. ManVsFood go there, and try their
Chompie challenge}.. I had to go, and try their Jewish Sliders {a mini challah roll, with sliced lean brisket and a potato latka}.. SO GOOD! {note: I didn't attempt the challenge, I stuck with the regular order, which was more then enough.. and even had to bring home leftovers}
After that...
we headed to the Hall of Flames..
which is a Historic Fire Foundation Museum.
The coolest oldest fire trucks, hoses, pictures, videos....
a boys dream!
{there was 1 truck that was open for anyone to sit on, and play around in..}
{look how big that wheel is}
{Smokey the Bear}
That bell was so loud...
...
After that we walked around Mill Ave... Which is downtown Tempe...
I shared stories with the boys, how when I was a teenager, Mill Avenue was a place girls and boys went to cruise... We would drive up and down the streets.. so slow.. staring out windows and waving at passer byes {boys}.... and would meet at the corner ice cream shop.. or Coffee Plantation..... {I left it at that; though there was much more to those stories}
Times have changed... Its more retail and restaurants.. which is fine with me!
So as for me and the boys today, we did not cruise, but stopped and walked the streets, and enjoyed indulging on root beer floats al fresco...
Was such a nice day!
1 comment:
Looks like they sure had alot of fun! so cute :)
Post a Comment