Thursday, September 23, 2010

Caterpillar

Over in Northern England if you toss a caterpillar over your left shoulder it is suppose to bring you good luck? Erm.. OK... I read that on google.. must be true!
We didn't really toss him anywhere.. but this little guy {assuming a boy} ended up on our back patio yesterday!

Charlie started to bark at him, and pushed him around with his nose, before I could figure out what all the hubbub was about... I quickly stopped the hazing!
I scooped him up into a cup.. and transported him to what I was hoping would be his new home, a large tree in our back yard...


We went out to check on him hours later and he was still wiggling around the tree...
Though today we went out.. and he was gone.
I hope he didn't become a meal...
and hope that he is well on his way to becoming a beautiful butterfly!
{this was my first time and Tag's too seeing a caterpillar up close}
He wasn't creepy at all.
I think if he had a name, it would be Phil!
Phil the Caterpillar!

No comments: